Agenda at a Glance
Day 2 - Congress
Day 2: Friday 8th October 2021
CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNITIES
- Advantages of market access teams in payer relationship
- Payer evidence requirement in early development
- Best practices to obtain better pricing and reimbursement
- Strategies to improve a better payer relationship
- Understanding and including the patients’ perspectives in designing clinical trials and clinical endpoint
- Key principles that ensure access to treatment based on need
- Patient-centeredness, patient advocacy
11:45 am - SPONSORED SPOTLIGHT: New EU legislation for medical devices (MDR) and in vitro diagnostic medical devices (IVDR)
- Challenges in the smooth transition of the new EU regulatory framework
- New challenges for R&D and Market Access
- Any updates addressing other requirements for various categories of devices
- Key differences from Pharmaceutical regulation
12:20 pm - KEYNOTE PANEL: Medicines access challenge – The value of pricing and reimbursement policies
- Innovative approaches required to address the medicine access challenge
- Lessons to be learned from best practices in the field of pricing and reimbursement of medicines
- The value of list prices against the backdrop of external price referencing and managed entry agreements.
- Innovative policy options that need to be developed, agreed upon and implemented.
COLLABORATION & LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
2:05 pm - Value communication (VC) is essential for a successful market access strategy aiming to bring interventions to patients.
- Key trends driving the increase in value communication
- Target audiences who receive VC information
- Types of VC tools used to achieve market access
- Outsourcing of VC projects
- Areas in need of improvement
- Training needs in VC
- Unlocking data from early access
- Effective communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Embracing the digital vision
- Future trends and developments in the healthcare distribution
4:00 pm - EMA and HTA parallel consultation: Understanding and meeting the evidence requirements of regulators and HTA bodies
- What is EMA-HTA Parallel Consultation?
- Importance of seeking early regulatory, HTA, and joint consultation
- Current trends in parallel advice: What has changed?
- Risk and advantages of using parallel consultation at the EU or national level?
- Successful strategies to maximise the benefit of parallel consultation
- The importance of making MA the core of the company
- Bridge between pre-launch strategy and post-launch
- International Drug Price Indicator Guide WHO
- Increasing collaboration between EU countries
- Frontiers in Health Care
- What will the future bring?